Guardianships and Conservatorships

Sometimes loved ones who are unable to make sound decisions for themselves need the protection of a guardianship or conservatorship. If a person is unable to manage his or her finances (or is being cheated out of money or assets), a caring individual can seek a conservatorship. A guardian has the authority and duty to make personal and health care decisions for a minor or an adult who is incapacitated. Miranda can help you evaluate these legal tools and determine whether they are right for your situation.

Sometimes a person may object to the protective proceeding that you’ve determined is in your loved one’s best interests. In these situations, a hearing may be required. Miranda is¬†comfortable taking these matters before a judge if it is in the best interests of you and your family.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

503-536-2170 (phone)
503-536-6434 (fax)

811 SW Naito Parkway, Ste. 420
Portland, OR 97204

Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm